Friday, November 18, 2016

Modi Mania

I don' understand why there is so much fuss about Modi? I mean I admire him, he is one of the best Prine Minsters India had ever got - no doubt about that but why Indians especially Hindus have tendency to Godify everything??? Why it can not be looked at by human perspective meaning he is also a human being and have limitations every human has in one way or the other.

Hindus have traditionally to relate everything to phenomenon of God or some sort of superpower. Be it Prime Minster, some babaji, Guruji or whatever! The things I see now-a-days are very much unproportionate in terms of what he actually did i.e. discontinue the 500 and 1000 rupee bills. Don't get me wrong - whatever he did was a great thing and requires lot of courage for anyone and he deserves praises for that action however I think that by doing so he doesn't become a super human like Godly figure.

I think that's also something we did for Mahatma Gandhi. He was a great guy and better than average human being but the way he was portrayed was something I don't agree with. He was not a superman and I don't agree with certain things that he did like sleeping with girls to check for his celibacy, his role and stand during partition etc... That's what I'm trying to say that the person might have skills in certain things but that doesn't make him adroit in all fields. He might have limitation in other fields and he may be very inferior in certain fields.

We all experience that in one way or the other. We are better in something but have mediocre skills in other fields. Let's acknowledge that whatever Modi is doing is great but let's not glorify him as God!!! When such people depart, it creates a sense of vacuum and ordinary people will think what will happen now? Well the reality is nothing happens and people just move on with life. It is just anxiety that makes it look bigger than what it is in reality!

Hope it makes sense to you what I'm saying and you will agree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment