Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Vegetarianism & Hinduism

Folks, I encounter this question all the time in community - does Hinduism forbid consumption of meat? Honestly speaking, I don't think that's the case!

Really, I mean if you study ancient Hindu scriptures then it isn't mentioned anywhere that Hindus shouldn't consume meat. I think that was added later on when the civilization matured probably at the same time when mandir sankruti was introduced and idol worship flourished. In ancient times, not only Hindus but the entire human race used to consume meat and that's how it was! Whether we accept it or not that is another story.

To determine if it's good to consume non-veg or not should be left to individuals and religion shouldn't have anything to do with it. Let's have people make that call based on their choice and comfort level...

Just my 2 cents!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment