Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Why Hinduism declined?

As a proud Hindu, whenever I think about Hinduism it makes me sad. It's not pain to see Hinduism couldn't flourish as it should having all good qualities but it is painful to see how brutally it was attacked and what it had to go through?

Do you think who might be behind all that? I don't think one can blame others. I would say that because of us Hindus, we had to go through all that. You can blame others if you can't pass the exam or win the match. You have to introspect yourself and try to be better so that you could do that eventually.

When other religions came, I think Hindus were too placid in boasting themselves. We also do that all the time citing out great heritage. True, I'm not denying that but great past doesn't guarantee prosperous future same way as past performance of stocks do not guarantee good results for future. It all started with Buddhism and continues even now.

I haven't understood myself why a person thinks to convert? Actually, for that matter why someone has to convert? What that person is going to get from other religion that he is not getting from his current religion? Question to think for us Hindus. I think the deep roots are in casteism. Being a Brahmin myself, I can't think of nay other things. I think people lost the rationale for casteism as the time passed by. Castes were created to make day-to-day things easier for the society in those days. I don't think there was any purpose other than that. In no way, it was meant to say that Brahmins are superior to other castes because that's not just true.

I would love to hear your thoughts. Any other point of view?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment